University of Hertfordshire
The University of Hertfordshire’s history goes back to 1952 when Hatfield Technical College was built by Hertfordshire County Council on ninety acres of land personally donated by Alan S. Butler, Chairman of the de Havilland Aircraft Company, on condition it be used for further educational purposes.
Our world-class facilities make the University of Hertfordshire an outstanding place to study, live and work. As part of the University of Hertfordshire, you benefit from:
Our contemporary academic centres, social venues and accommodation have all been designed to enhance your learning experience.
Because it’s not all work, work, work at university, enjoy:
- Top sport: the University’s on-campus Hertfordshire Sports Village offers outstanding sports and fitness facilitiesfor all ages and abilities.
- Peak performances: the stunning 460-seat Weston Auditorium regularly stages acclaimed cultural and artsevents.
- Social benefits: a thriving range of clubs, societies and Students’ Union events.
· Computer Science
· Creative Arts
· Engineering and Technology
· Health and Social Work
· Hertfordshire Business School
· Life and Medical Sciences
· Physics, Astronomy and Mathematics
We require you to demonstrate your English Language proficiency before an unconditional offer will be made to you. For the majority of our courses, we accept the following tests
- GCSE English Language at grade C or above
- IGCSE English at grade C or above
- IELTS score of 6.0 (with no less than 5.5 in any band)
- Pearson Test of English 54 (with no less than 51 in any band)
Please be aware that the following courses have a different English language requirement:
IELTS 6.5/PTE 58 (minimum band scores also apply)
- All postgraduate Business courses
- All undergraduate and postgraduate Humanities courses
- All postgraduate Art, design, film, music and media courses
- All undergraduate and postgraduate nursing courses
- All undergraduate and postgraduate social work courses
- Most courses in the School of Health and Emergency professions
- MSc Biotechnology
- MSc Pharmacology
- MSc Molecular Biology
- MSc Environmental Management
- MSc Business Psychology
- MSc Psychology
- All postgraduate education programmes
IELTS 7.0/PTE 67 (minimum band scores also apply)
- BSc Physiotherapy
- BSc Dietetics
- MSc Advancing Pharmacy Practice
- MSc Organisational Psychology
As of the 17th of April 2014 the UK Home Office have confirmed that Education Testing Services' (ETS') licence to carry out Secure English language tests (SELTs) for immigration purposes had come to an end and will not be extended. In light of this, we will no longer accept TOEFL tests taken on or after the 17th of April 2014 for entry to the University of Hertfordshire. TOEIC tests have never been acceptable for entry. If you have taken a test on or after this date, we must ask that you take an alternative test such as IELTS or the Pearson's test of English in support of your application. Similarly, if you are intending to take a TOEFL test in the future, we must ask that you use an alternative provider. Details of all acceptable English language test providers are below.
TOEFL tests taken before the 17th of April 2014 are still being considered for visa applications but you could experience considerable delays with your visa if you are relying on this test – you may be asked to undertake an additional interview for example.
<strong 13px;="" line-height:="" 1.6em;"="" style="box-sizing: border-box;">
Graduate Scholarship - The Graduate Scholarship is available to students who have graduated from a University of Hertfordshire undergraduate degree and are starting a new postgraduate taught course at the University.
Chancellor's International Scholarships - The Chancellor's International Scholarships, are designed to support our international community.
Family Scholarship - We have introduced a Family Scholarship for the children of our overseas graduates, worth 20% of the first year's tuition fee.
If you start in 2013/14Full payment discount
|If you started before 2013
||New students 2014/15
||Classroom based courses
|Online distance learning courses
|Lab/workshop based courses
||Online distance learning courses
||Please visit the UH Online website for fees information
|Standard tuition fees for undergraduate international students