Northern Illinois University
Illinois - United States
Chartered in 1895, Northern Illinois University is a comprehensive teaching and research institution with a student enrollment of nearly 22,000.
The vision of Northern Illinois University is to be the premier student-centered, research-focused public university in the Midwest, contributing to the advancement of knowledge for the benefit of the people of the region, the state, the nation, and the world.
With this vision, the mission of the University is to promote excellence and engagement in teaching and learning, research and scholarship, creativity and artistry, and outreach and service.
In pursuing our vision and fulfilling our mission, the University values:
- A community of diverse people, ideas, services, and scholarly endeavors in a climate of respect for the intrinsic dignity of each individual
- Access for a broad spectrum of students to high quality undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs that prepare them to be lifelong learners and productive, socially conscious citizens
- Engaged teaching and learning that evolves from the synergy of research, artistry, and service
- Research and artistry in creating, transmitting, expanding, and applying knowledge
- Student success supported through academic and co-curricular programming and activities
- The application of current technology in enhancing and broadening all institutional endeavors
- A system of shared governance that incorporates input from faculty, staff, and students in decision- and policy-making
- Commitment to a public purpose addressing regional, state, national, and global challenges and opportunities
Scholarships for New International Undergraduate Students
Who Is Eligible?
International applicants with an equivalent of 3.5 out of 4.0 GPA (as computed by NIU
Admitted applicants meeting the competitive GPA requirement are automatically
considered for this award
International students who are fully family-sponsored, and hold visa classifications
ordinarily requiring out-of-state tuition and fees
The scholarship is valued at approximately $8,480 per academic year. The scholarship is
renewable for up to a total of four years provided the recipients remain enrolled full-time and
maintain a minimum 3.25 cumulative grade point average at NIU. The total value of the
scholarship is $34,800 over four years at current tuition rates.