Abdullah Gül University (AGU)
Kayseri - Türkiye
The Abdullah Gül University (AGU) is a young, dynamic top-quality Turkish State University and already one of the best in the country.
The University opened its doors to students in July 2010 with the aim to produce graduates who can shape the future, equipped with the best skills for today’s globalized society.
AGU is the first State University in Turkey with legal provision for support by a private foundation (including many prominent figures of Turkey), which is solely dedicated to the University and its objectives.
As the pioneer of third-generation universities, AGU places great emphasis on interdisciplinary research, university-industry collaboration and innovative teaching. AGU is a research university that embraces solution seeking for global challenges.
In order to achieve this, AGU aims to attract brilliant faculty members and the brightest students, who, as AGU graduates, will be typified by their ability to think, research, work in an interdisciplinary fashion and to lead and who will be trained to work anywhere in the world.
Therefore proficiency in English is fundamental and all our programs are taught 100% in English. English education at AGU continues after our Preparatory Program (at the AGU School of Languages) and plays an important role in the academic and social life of our students.
- To become a leader in creativity, innovation and high quality institution for learning, teaching, research and enterprise.
- To attract the brightest students (AGU receives Turkish students that are in the top 20.000 at the national level and our requirements for international students are among the most selective) and brilliant/award winning faculty members from all around the world (in total 20% of our faculty members, 40% of our lecturers and 82% of our English Instructors are international).
- To produce learning and knowledge, which is of value to a wide range of stakeholders
- To work closely with the industry, in particular local industry, in order to develop high quality and effective projects in industrial R&D.
AGU’s Educational Practices include
- The creation of programs designed to comply with the accreditations’ demands like ABET, AACSB, AMBA, Erasmus+, etc. and the different international rankings.
- The adoption an interdisciplinary approach with the combination of theoretical Education, Research & Development and Hands-on Training.
- The creation of international partnerships, joint programs and exchange programs raising the international profile and intercultural knowledge of our students and staff.
- The preserving of a small students/academicians ratio to optimize the students’ experience.
- The implementation of Long-term internship programs with renowned quality corporations.
- The use of hands-on training in collaboration with corporations, institutions and industries.
- The preparation of our students for the job market and the professional life via our Career Centre, Youth Factory and other personal development AGU programs.
- The direct interaction with the business community through career coaching and mentorship.
- The implementation of effective, interactive and participatory classes.
- The implementation of practice-based training in top-quality laboratories and research facilities.
- The Opportunity to learn foreign languages via our Language school.
- The Opportunity to evolve in a multicultural hub and interact with our International AGU Community members (19 countries present on campus).
100% English Institution
Proficiency in English is fundamental, therefore all programs are taught 100% in English. The AGU School of Languages (AGUSL) has three fundamental goals:
- To ensure that all students who are about to enter an AGU faculty are empowered to function effectively in English in the study programs they will follow.
- To ensure that all students who graduate from an AGU faculty are empowered to communicate effectively and function professionally in English.
- To offer all students the opportunity to gain some familiarity with a second foreign language that has world significance.
English education at AGU continues after the Preparatory Program and plays an important role in the academic and social life of our AGU members.
Faculty Engineering (B.Sc.)
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Industrial Design
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
Faculty of Life & Natural Sciences (B.Sc.)
- Molecular Biology & Genetics
Faculty of Architecture (B.Sc.)
Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences (B.Sc.)
Graduate School of Natural and Applied Sciences
- Industrial Engineering (M.Sc. and PhD)
- Electrical and Computer Engineering (M.Sc. and PhD)
- Advanced Materials and Nanotechnology (M.Sc.)
- Materials Science and Mechanical Engineering (PhD)
- Bioengineering (M.Sc.)
- Architecture (M.Sc. and PhD)
The medium of instruction at Abdullah Gül University is English. The applicants accepted by Abdullah Gül University must have sufficient English competency to follow the lessons and must present a proof of their English proficiency with a minimum score at an accepted exam (see below).
Applicants satisfying this requirement may enroll in the program to which they have been accepted.
Candidates who fail to satisfy the English proficiency requirement are accepted to the English Preparatory Program at the School of Foreign Languages at Abdullah Gül University.
English Language Proficiency Exams accepted by AGU:
a) İMS : Abdullah Gül University English Proficiency Exam, 70 out of 100
b) TOEFL: Test of English as a Foreign Language
Paper Based TOEFL (PBT) 537, TWE 4.0
Computer based TOEFL (CBT) 203, TWE 4.0
Internet based TOEFL (IBT) 75, TWE 19
The Abdullah Gül University offers a full scholarship (covering 100% of the tuition fees) to the top 10% of our international students
AGU offers a clear and simple Full Package:
School of Engineering and School of Architecture
3057 TRY per year.
School of Leadership and Management
2310 TRY per year.
1536 TRY per year.