University of Bedfordshire
Bedfordshire - United Kingdom
The University of Bedfordshire was established in August 2006 by order of the Privy Council, following the merger between the University of Luton and De Montfort University’s Bedford campus.
The University of Bedfordshire is the largest higher education institution in the county, providing excellent opportunities for more people to access top quality higher education.
We work closely with employers on our curriculum, while forging close links with UK companies to provide a broad range of training and accredited industry courses.
With large campuses in Luton and Bedford, the University is the single, major provider of undergraduate, postgraduate and professional education in Bedfordshire.
The University of Bedfordshire's vision is of a world where all are able to benefit from transformational educational experiences.
We create a vibrant multi-cultural learning community enabling people to transform their lives by participating in excellent, innovative education, scholarship and research.
Outstanding reputation for teaching
· We were awarded top marks – a 'confidence' rating – in our most recent Quality Assurance Agency audit
· Our staff have received a number of National Teaching Fellowship Awards for outstanding contributions to teaching and learning
· We won the Queen's Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2011
Strong student support
· More than three-quarters of students at the University of Bedfordshire benefited from a bursary or scholarship in the 2010-2011 academic year. The University provided financial help to 76.3 per cent of its students – spending a total of £3.8 million. It makes the University the 4th most generous among all universities in the country for providing financial support to its students. (Office for Fair Access and the Higher Education Funding Council for England joint report July 2012)
· Our Volunteering Service enables students to get hands-on experience and make a difference to their
· Students can get involved in running the Students' Union through elections or the course representative
· We offer school-based mentoring opportunities for students to advise future students about student life
· We also have the 'Bedfordshire Edge Award' which encourages employability-related learning from students' extra-curricular activities and internships.
· University of Bedfordshire graduates enjoy excellent employment rates, with 92% in work or further study within six months of graduating (Destination of Leavers from Higher Education Survey 2012).
· More than three-quarters of students at the University of Bedfordshire benefited from a bursary or scholarship in the 2010-2011 academic year. The University provided financial help to 76.3 per cent of its students – spending a total of £3.8 million. It makes the University the 4th most generous among all universities in the country for providing financial support to its students. (OFFA and HEFCE joint report 2012)
· The University is investing £180m in new facilities for students, including a £20m Postgraduate and Continuing Professional Development Centre, due to open in 2013.
· The Government’s higher education quality watchdog, the Quality Assurance Agency, awarded Bedfordshire top marks in its most recent audit (2009).
· The University was commended in the Government’s most recent Research Assessment Exercise (2008) for its ‘world leading’ research.
· Since 2003, the University has grown from a £30m turnover institution to one which has an annual turnover of around £130m.
· The University of Bedfordshire was presented with the Queen’s Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2011.
· The University won a Leadership and Management award from theTimes Higher in 2011.
· In June 2011 the University achieved the ‘Gold’ award from Investors in People – the highest accolade awarded by IiP.
· The University of Bedfordshire contributes some £300m annually to the local economy (according to research commissioned by Universities UK).
University of Bedfordshire Business School
- Accounting and Finance
- Marketing, Tourism and Hospitality
Faculty of Creative Arts, Technologies & Science
Faculty of Education & Sport
Faculty of Health & Social Sciences
The University accepts the following qualifications as satisfying the English Language requirements for entry to a Bachelor or Master's degree
· IELTS overall score of 6.0 with minimum 5.5 in each element
· Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) – score of between 52 and 54 with minimum of 51 in each band
· Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English, minimum grade C (each element must be at 'weak' or above)
· Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English, minimum grade C (each element must be at 'weak' or above)
For entry to International Foundation courses the University accepts an IELTS with an overall score of 4.5 with minimum 4.5 in each element or recognised equivalent.
For entry to Pre-Masters courses the University accepts an IELTS with an overall score of 5.5 with minimum 5.5 in each element or recognised equivalent.
International Foundation Prompt Payment Discount
Full-time students joining the International Foundation course will be eligible for a discount of £1000 on full payment of the published fee before or at registration.
Merit Scholarships are not available to International Foundation students.
Undergraduate Prompt Payment Discount
For students coming to study at the University of Bedfordshire Scholarship awards will be made in the form of a tuition fee discount. A student may not receive more than one discount.
· Full-time undergraduate students joining year one or accepted for advanced entry into year 2 of their course will receive a discount of £500 on full payment of the published fee before or at registration.
· If you pay your fees on or before Registration each year you will continue to receive your Prompt Payment Discount.
Academic Merit Scholarships
Full time undergraduate students joining year one or accepted for advanced entry into level 2 of their course will be given an additional academic merit scholarship for the first year of their studies only. The level of the award will be based on the previous scholastic achievements.
University of Bedfordshire Merit Scholarships are awarded for the first year of your studies.
- £500 for students who have achieved 60% in high school (or equivalent)
- £1000 for students studying at University Campus Milton Keynes who have achieved 60% in high school (or equivalent)
Full-time students joining a Pre-Masters course will be eligible for a discount of £1000 on full payment of the published fee before or at registration.
Merit Scholarships are not available to Pre-Masters students.
Postgraduate Taught excluding MBA
- Postgraduate students who pay their full tuition fee before or at registration, will receive a £1,000 discount.
Academic Merit Scholarship
- £500 for 60% mark in their first degree or equivalent for students applying to study at Luton or Bedford campus
- £1000 for 60% mark in their first degree or equivalent for students applying to study at University Campus Milton Keynes
- MBA applicants, who pay their full MBA tuition fees before or at registration, will receive a £1,000 discount.
Academic Merit Scholarship
- £500 for students who have achieved 60% in their first degree or equivalent
- Postgraduate research students who pay their full tuition fee before or at registration, will receive a £1,000 discount. This is available for every year of study.
Academic Merit Scholarship
- Students are not eligible for a merit scholarship
Alumni Loyalty Scholarship
A £500 alumni discount is offered to University of Bedfordshire overseas fee paying students who progress from Undergraduate courses to Postgraduate courses.
Fees for Academic Year 2014 - 2015
The University of Bedfordshire has a specific fee structure for international students depending on the level of study being undertaken. Undergraduate tuition fees are fixed for the duration of the course. Tuition fees for students who wish to enrol for study from September 2014 are as follows:
|Level Of Study
||International Student Fees 2014-2015
|Undergraduate - BA/BSc
|Taught Masters - MA/MSc