İzmir University of Economics
İzmir - Türkiye
Izmir University of Economics, which is the first foundation university in Izmir and in Aegean region, was established in 2001 by “Izmir Chamber of Commerce Education and Health Foundation”. Izmir University of Economics aims to nurture individuals who are creative and entrepreneurial, dedicated and wholly committed to Ataturk’s principles and reforms.
The University currently has 8 Faculties, 2 Schools, 2 Vocational Schools, 2 Graduate Schools, and 8 Research Centres.
These academic units offer 13 different associate degree programs, 34 different undergraduate programs, 28 different graduate programs, and 6 different PhD programs.
Seven of the undergraduate programs being offered are dual diploma programs executed jointly with the USA-(SUNY) New York State University.
Departments of “Culinary Arts and Management” and “Fashion and Textile Design” accept students through pre-registration and associate degree programs accept students through student selection and placement centre (placed by OSYM).
Izmir University of Economics has ERASMUS program agreement with 104 universities abroad and has academic cooperation protocol with 27 universities
1-Faculty of Engineering and Computer Science
- Computer Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Computer Engineering Dual Diploma Program (SUNY Fredonia)
- Software Engineering Dual Diploma Program (SUNY Fredonia)
2-Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences
- Economics Dual Diploma Program (SUNY Cortland)
- Business Administration
- Business Administration Dual Diploma Program (SUNY New Paltz)
- Logistics Management
- International Relations and European Union
- International Trade and Finance
- Accounting and Auditing
3-Faculty of Fine Arts and Design
- Industrial Design
- Visual Communication Design
- Fashion and Textile Design
- Interior Architecture and Environmental Design
4-Faculty of Arts and Sciences
- Psychology Dual Diploma Program (SUNY Fredonia)
- Translation and Interpretation (English)
5-Faculty of Communication
- Public Relations and Advertising
- Media and Communication
- Public Relations and Advertising Dual Diploma Program (SUNY Fredonia)
- Cinema and Digital Media
6-School of Applied Management Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Management
- Culinary Arts and Management Dual Diploma Program (SUNY Cobleskill)
- Faculty of Law
8-Agricultural Technologies and Food Sciences
1-Graduate School of Natural and Applied Sciences
· Financial Mathematics
· Applied Statistics
· Information Technologies
· Management Science and Engineering
· Computer Games and Technology
· Intelligent Engineering Systems
· Applied Mathematics and Statistics
2-Graduate School of Social Sciences
· European Studies (with and without thesis)
· Financial Economics (with and without thesis)
· Logistics Management (with and without thesis)
· Design Studies
· Executive MBA
· Media and Communication Studies
· Sustainable Energy
· Sports Management
· Derivative and Options Exchange
· Experimental Psychology
· Insurance and Risk Management (with and without thesis)
· Yacht Design
- Business Administration
Financial Support for Students
In order to help the students financially during their course of study, there are different types of scholarships which are given to students under certain conditions. Below is the information about the types and conditions of scholarships.
Diploma Scholarship is awarded to Turkish or international students who have internationally valid diplomas like International Baccalaureate (IB), MATURA, ABITUR, etc. and who want to study at İzmir University of Economics in accordance with the quota and determined diploma grade.
The diplomas that will be given scholarship in 2010-2011 academic year, their requirements, and quotas are stated below.
32 and above
2.00 and below
2.00 and below
Those who graduated from an undergraduate program of a university in Turkey or abroad cannot benefit from Tuition Scholarship and Diploma Scholarship. Students who have the right to receive more than one scholarship can benefit from the one with the highest scope.
Merit Awards are granted to students who are in the specified quota and with an average CGPA of 3.50 or more at the end of Fall and Spring semesters on condition that they take at least the normal course load of the semester they are in. English Preparatory School students are not included in this type of scholarship.
Students who are approved to benefit from this award pay their tuition fee of the semester they are in with a discount that is determined by the Board of Trustees. Students are awarded merit awards for the duration of one academic year, but the grant’s continuity is not guaranteed. If a student fulfils the academic success conditions determined for the scholarship, the merit award may continue throughout the following years.
Merit Awards are not given to the students;
- Who are in English Preparatory School and freshman students,
- Who have missing course in any semester,
- Who are not successful in all of their courses,
- Who have taken less course because they have been exempted from certain courses they took in another institution,
- Who got (W) grade in any course,
- Whose GPA of two semesters is below 3.50.
Students can get merit award in their sophomore year at the earliest according to the grades they got in the freshman year. Students who can get merit awards are determined and then presented to the Board of Trustees each year in the beginning of September. Students who are approved to benefit from this award pay their tuition fee of the semester they are in with a discount that is determined by the Board of Trustees.
It is essential that the students who have been placed without scholarship cover their tuition fees themselves. However, if there is a serious change in the financial condition of the family, very limited number of students may be given full or partial support scholarship. Support Scholarship is granted to students who studied at least 1 semester in their department and whose GPA is at least 2,25, excluding English Preparatory Program.
Support Scholarship is not continuous. The condition of the students granted Support Scholarship is reevaluated at the end of each semester. University Administrative Board decides whether the scholarship will continue or not and the state of the scholarship if it will continue. A student may be granted support scholarship in more than one academic semester if s/he is nominated and found suitable.
Termination of Scholarship
Those who have been awarded tuition scholarships will lose their scholarships under the following circumstances if they;
- Fail to complete the English Preparatory School successfully at the end of first year or,
- Fall below 2,00 CGPA in other classes, or
- Do not renew their registration in any semester or,
- Transfer to a different department in the university or,
- Receive disciplinary reprimands, except “Warning” or “Condemnation” reprimands or,
- Exceed the required period of education (four years except preparatory program).
If the student fails in a course but has a CGPA above 2.00, his/her Tuition Scholarship is not terminated.