British Columbia - Canada
We are a teaching-focused university offering a wide range of programs and services that enable students to succeed in their current studies, in their ongoing education, in their chosen careers, in their lifelong pursuit of knowledge, and in their contribution as responsible citizens in a rapidly changing and diverse global community.
Capilano University has earned an international reputation for quality teaching, programs and services. We strive to instill the knowledge, skills, motivation and attitudes that will enable our students to become independent thinkers and learners, and to contribute effectively in a rapidly changing world.
Capilano is well known for providing a solid academic foundation and is committed to developing new and innovative programs in response to market demand. We offer a complete range of preparatory courses, arts and sciences courses, business and management studies, creative and applied arts programs, health and human services programs, plus a range of services in support of student learning and success. Credentials awarded include bachelor degrees, associate degrees, post-baccalaureate diplomas, advanced diplomas, certificates and statements of completion.
Our main campus is in North Vancouver, located in a natural environment on the slopes of the North Shore and only a 20-minute drive from downtown Vancouver. The beauty of the campus and the quality of education attract students from around the world. Capilano University also has regional campuses in Squamish and Sechelt that serve the communities of Howe Sound and the Sunshine Coast. The total number of students enrolled in credit programs totals approximately 7,500. An additional 7,000 students register in non-credit courses each year.
At Capilano University, students are safe, comfortable and challenged, and find the individual attention that can make a difference to their achievements. It is our goal to ensure that our students come first — not only at Capilano, but in all of their pursuits.
Currently, 703 international students from 52 countries are studying at Capilano. International students may select from any of
Of the approximately 7,500 students enrolled in credit programs during the fall of 2009:
· 34% are enrolled in arts and sciences; 56% in applied programs; 10% in preparatory programs
· 72% are full-time; 28% part-time
· 59% female; 41% male
· 40% are residents of the North Shore; 26% are residents of Vancouver and Burnaby; the remaining 34% come from the rest of the Lower Mainland, British Columbia, Canada and around the world.
· Bachelor of Arts in Applied Behaviour Analysis – Autism
· Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies
· Bachelor of Business Administration
· Bachelor of Communication Studies
· Bachelor of Early Childhood Education Care and Education
· Bachelor of Legal Studies (Paralegal)
· Bachelor of Motion Picture Arts
· Bachelor of Music in Jazz Studies
· Bachelor of Music Therapy
· Bachelor of Performing Arts
· Bachelor of Tourism Management
· Awards available to International Students
· Bill Ekin Memorial Music Therapy Scholarship
· Billy Rodda Memorial Music Therapy Scholarship
· Brian Beaudoin Memorial Music Therapy Scholarship
· Capilano Humanitarian Award
· David Macaree Memorial Award
· Evelyn Hildebrant Memorial Music Therapy Scholarship
· Gordon Hewitt Memorial Music Therapy Scholarship
· Hungarian Exchange Award
· International Exchange Partnership Award
· International Student Centre Community Contribution Scholarship Fund
· Jim Standeven Memorial Music Therapy Scholarship
· Mangharam Lokumal Mansukhani Scholarship
· Music Therapy Association of British Columbia Scholarship
· Nicholas J. Collins Award
· Second Year Math Award
· Sheryl Lynn Katagai Memorial Award
· The Carolyn Kenny Music Therapy Scholarship
· The Elsa Award
<span style=""line-height:" 1.6em;"="">For detailed information please contact University.